Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blog, take 2

For my legions of followers who have been wondering what happened to my blog....I deleted it. I just realized that I was writing "at" people and trying to be cute or clever, and it wasn't working. If I am going to have a blog, it will be for me and me alone. If anyone else decides my little life is worth reading about, that's wonderful.

So...things have been a little rough lately. Keith and I have been struggling to reconnect and get back to loving each other rather than constantly bickering and expecting things and being annoyed. It's not easy. But....I guess I don't really know anybody with a perfect marriage. We haven't had the best role models in our lives, so it's easy to fall into patterns we saw growing up. Anyway, things are getting better.

I have been going through what I can only describe as a mid-life crisis. I think Facebook is partly to blame! I have reconnected with a lot of old friends from high school and college. They are extremely successful. They have accomplished great things. I, on the other hand, have been assessing my life's accomplishments and keep coming up short. I love, love, love being a full-time mom. I get to be there for all of Kaleb's milestones. It has allowed us to forge a bond that I never thought I would experience. I am grateful that I can stay home. But....there is a teeny part of me that misses having a career. I miss the paycheck, of earning my own money. I miss getting dressed in real clothes every day. I miss the satisfaction of a job well-done. But not enough to go back to work just yet!

I am trying to reach out and make new friends at church. I realized that my best friend and I have been drifting. She lives in South County, and even though it seems close the 45 minute drive makes it tough for us to get together around our schedules. I need women in my life that I can count on. I need to have someone to go shopping with or just hang out with. So....I am trying. It is hard for me. I am painfully shy and don't open up easily. But...I will keep trying.

More to come :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So I was wondering what happened to your blog. I'm very happy to see that you're still keeping one...