Monday, June 29, 2009

Is This Seat Taken?


Keith and I had a much-needed date this weekend. We started off at dinner and then went to see "The Hangover."

We got to the movie about 20 minutes early. Seats were filling up fast. People were still streaming in, walking up and down the stairs looking for groups of 3 and 4seats to no avail.

There was a couple in front of us with one empty seat on either side of them. A very polite man walked up and asked, "Is that seat taken?"

"No," said the balding overweight man with his hand wrist-deep in overly-buttered popcorn.

"Is that seat taken?" the man asked, pointing to the seat on the other side.

"No."

"Great! Would you mind terribly moving over one seat so my wife and I can sit together?"

"We aren't moving."

!!!!!!

WHAT!? ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME????

The a-hole wouldn't move!

I have no idea why this upset me so much except that I can't remember a time when I have seen someone be so blatantly, in-your-face mean. What's the big deal? Would it really kill you to just move your fat ass over?! (See, there I go getting upset)

Of course, at dinner I had 2 glasses of wine so my filter wasn't at 100%. I sat there and started talking (rather loudly) about what a total jerk I thought the guy was.

Keith, who drank Sprite at dinner, found my rant to be a bit rude itself. He let me know it in a few sharply-toned words.

Date over. We sat and watched the funniest movie without saying a word.

I still say the guy was a d***.

No comments: