Monday, March 22, 2010

Dagger through my heart!

Next week Kaleb's preschool is doing school bus rides for the kids. The bus will take them for a ride around the block.

It seems a little weird that he will probably never actually take a bus to school as long as we continue to live in HB. Kids either walk, ride bikes/skateboards, or they get a ride with their folks. (weird, huh? I took a bus every day until my older brother started driving)

So Kaleb's teacher said she needed a couple of parents to come along as helpers. Of course, I volunteered...any chance I get to help out, I do. Plus, I am really hoping to be working next year so I want to take advantage while I can.

So on the way home I told Kaleb that I am coming on the bus rides. His response? "Oh, mommy I'm so happy! It's going to be so much fun!"

uh-uh. nope. not even close.

It was more like this: (twisted up nose and mouth) "Whyyyyyyyyyyy? Mommy, I love you, but it's OK, you don't need to come with me. I'm a big boy. I wanna be with my friends. I'm gonna sit with Jack (his buddy). I don't want you to come."

Hole-eeeee crap! Isn't he too young for that?

I still can't get the dagger out of my heart :(

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It happens without warning . . . it's a mom's own hurt locker . . . the good thing is it does turn around again when they get in their 20's . . . promise . . . xoxo

Heidi said...

Ouch.... been there my friend...