Saturday, February 13, 2010

Statute of Limitations on Anger?

Almost exactly two years ago, we were at a first birthday party for the son of our good friends.


One of the guests is a female friend of theirs, who is used to generating a lot of (male) attention. She is approximately 6 feet tall, (usually) slender, and blond. She always has on the "right" outfit, and her hair and makeup are always perfect. 'Nuf said, right? I'll call her Glamazon.

I, personally, refer to chicks like Glamazon as high-maintenance, but who am I?

So...the party was equally as fun for the adults as for the kids. And it was especially fun for the men...a bit too fun, some would say. As in, taking shots of some weird German liquor fun.


So Keith, God love him, was probably two sheets to the wind when he was introduced to Glamazon.

****now here's where it gets interesting****

Glamazon was wearing a loose-fitting top. What Keith didn't know is that she had just had a baby about 6 months prior to this party. And, like most women, it was going to take more than 6 months to get her body back. (heck, it's been almost 4 years for me and I am still trying)...(I just lied, I'm not trying that hard...I've given in to my new post-Kaleb bod)


OK, back to the story.


Keith says, "Wow congratulations! When are you due?"


HA! sorry, despite being a woman, I still kind of chuckle when I think of this. And, yes, it happened to me 2 months after I gave birth. I was upset at the time, but I also knew that the person who said it meant me no malice.

I think it's safe to say that Glamazon was a little upset. A lot upset. She was pissed!

Keith apologized profusely, and he sincerely felt bad. But the damage was done.

***fast forward 2 years...birthday party for same boy...

We walk into the party and Glamazon is there. Let me say, she looked fantastic. There would have been no mistaking her for a pregnant woman today. So kudos to her.

She sees us, turns around, grabs her husband, whispers something frantically, then turns back around to stare at us.

I think it's safe to say she's still upset.

No comments: