Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Past

When I was growing up, there was one place where I felt really happy all the time - my grandmother's house. There was no yelling or screaming...ever. There was a lot of laughing and smiling. Her house was all about us (me and my 2 brothers). She made everything so much fun. In the back yard, she set up a whole area for me to make mud pies. We would roast marshmallows over a fire pit, make homemade ice-cream, and have tons of fun. In her pantry were always raisins and life savers, in the fridge was Martinelli's sparkling cider, and in the freezer were bon-bons. It was the greatest. I really miss my grandparents.

As we were decorating the tree last week, I came across this paper ornament.




I almost didn't hang it up. You see, I collect Radko ornaments. They are very beautiful and a little pricey. So, I almost ignored the flimsy cardboard ornament.

And then, I opened it.




I have no idea what year she sent it to me, but I totally started crying when I read her name. I love Christmas.

No comments: