Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vow of Yellibacy


Dear Diary,

I have decided to take a vow of yellibacy...that is, I am
going to try and not yell at Kaleb or the animals.
I read an article that said almost 85% of the moms surveyed yelled at their kids at least once a week.
I probably yell at Kaleb at least a couple of times a week and I yell at the animals almost daily. It is such an ugly thing to do. The last thing I want is for Kaleb to fear me, or see me as unstable. He needs to see that I can handle anger in a constructive way. The animals have not changed their behavior one bit as a result of my yelling, so it obviously falls upon deaf ears.
We'll see how I do. I haven't yelled at anyone today. I'm off to a good start!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh that's so hard... I yell at my kids way too much too.

Good luck - let me know how it goes!