Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Keith!

Keith's birthday is on Tuesday. It is hard to make his day special with Christmas following only 2 days later. This year I was determined to surprise him (which is nearly impossible) with a special day.
I had already arranged with my mom that Kaleb would spend the night with her on Friday. So, since she lives out in Corona, I needed to get up and moving to get him there and back without Keith figuring out my long absence.
On Thursday night we had gone to our neighbor's house to have a visit from Santa. It was great. Kaleb explained that he wanted "big toys." And...my neighbor gave us a gingerbread house to decorate. So, Friday morning comes and ALL Kaleb wants to do is decorate the house. I had no choice but to give in before dashing off to grandma's house. I think it turned out pretty good, don't you?

So, we get to grandma's, get him settled, and I get back to the house. Keith called once and I told him I was out doing errands. Phew! He knew I was taking him out Friday night. He thought our babysitter was coming. When he got home, I surprised him with the news that we were Kaleb-free for the night and I was taking him to the Coach House to see Mike Ness. The show was AMAZING!!! We sat with a fun group and had a great time (except I drank a little too much wine).

The next part of the surprise is that I had set up a tee-time to play at Trilogy (where my mom lives) on Saturday morning. Keith could not have been more surprised or more happy. We had a great time together. I totally suck at golf, but I enjoy having 4 hours with Keith. It gives us a lot of time to chat. I actually played pretty well on Saturday. Keith was happy. Kaleb had a great time at grandma's. It was nice.

No comments: