Monday, July 27, 2009

UGSFAW

...or for those of you who don't know: "Ultimate, gnarly, super, fantastic awesome week." It's the way our church does VBS (vacation bible school) for first-fifth grades. It is a week of incredible worship, learning, having fun and making new friends. I have been blessed to volunteer on ORANGE team for the past 3 years.

A little recap of day 1:

*Our children's ministry team is off-the-charts amazing! Can't even elaborate more. If I had been exposed to something like UGSFAW when I was young, I may have come to know Jesus sooner and spared myself (and others) a ton of pain.

*Our volunteers are awesome! Some of them take a week off of work to be a part of UGSFAW. Imagine, using a weeks' vacation to hang out with hundreds of kids instead of heading to an island somewhere?!

*The children are the best! They are what motivates me to keep going even when I might not necessarily feel like it.

And a few hints:

*If your child is shy or scared of not knowing anyone, you sitting with them the whole day is not going to help them! We have it totally under control! They will be fine! In most cases they will probably end up having a blast...so, it's OK to leave now mom!

*Ladies, ladies! What is with the crazy driving in the parking lot! Have patience! Everyone will get out of the parking lot eventually. We all have things to do and places to be. So be nice...your kids just spent all day learning about God. Try to be an example, as well.

PS: ORANGE TEAM ROCKS!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey do you remember when my son was saying the whole "I thought red was your favorite color" crap? Yeah, he thought you were Kelly Rhoten. He felt like a dummy when I told him.