Monday, September 21, 2009

My Good Samaritan

This weekend Keith and I rented a Harley and headed out to Palm Springs for a Social Distortion concert. It was so nice to have a whole night to ourselves.

We went out to a nice dinner, the concert was awesome, and the ride was exhilarating!

Sunday, after we returned the bike we picked up Kaleb from Grandma's house and made our way home. We were tired and really grungy from the ride.

We stopped at the gas station near our house to fill up. There, a man asked Keith if we had a jack. His car had a flat.

Now, we did have a jack, but to get to it meant unloading the back of the car and lifting up the carpet to get into the compartment where all the tools were. It was kind of a pain.

Honestly, if it were me I'm not sure what I would have done. I'd like to think I would help but I can't say so 100%.

I could see those same thoughts going through Keith's mind, and then I watched as he dug through everything and started to help.

It turned out to be about a 1/2 hour job....just as he was finishing helping, he noticed the man's wife and new baby in the car. He didn't know they were there when he agreed to help.

Anyway...I know I write a lot of posts where I make fun of Keith and the things he does or says, but I also want to give him credit for being a good Samaritan and taking time to help someone in need. It is one of his best qualities. I could rattle of dozens of stories in which he has helped people without getting anything in return.

I love you, babe! May we all follow your example!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Great story . . . I would like to think that I would do the same, but alas, I probably would not . . . way to Keith . . . WWJD . . . xoxo

Sarah B. said...

I didn't get much further than the fact that you went to see Social Distortion...so jealous. One of my favorite songs ever is "Making Believe"..oh memories. :)

Gina said...

Her truly is wonderful. And dare I say, a much better samaritan than my husband. This is his account of the last time he tried to do a good deed
http://jonmichell.blogspot.com/2008/10/open-mouth-insert-foot.html