Thursday, September 24, 2009

PLEASE HELP OUR TROOPS!

OPERATION SANDTRAP

Our close friend, SSG Pete Neally deployed to Iraq 2 weeks ago on his third tour of duty with the United States Army. He will be away from his family for a year in service to our great country.

Pete and Keith went to high school together. They both joined the army after high school. Pete was the Best Man in our wedding. Pete reenlisted in the army about 4 years ago. His wife, Kerri, is awesome! They have 5 children ranging from age 6 to 20. Imagine your husband being away for a year...

Before Pete deployed he asked Keith to round up some golf clubs and balls to send overseas for the troops to use on their downtime. Well....I took the mission from Keith and ran with it. I am amazed at the generosity of people. I have collected almost 200 golf clubs and thousands of balls.

This is where you can help: Shipping all of these items will be very expensive. I completely understand that times are tough...trust me, we are pinching every penny in this house. Would you please consider donating even $5 for shipping costs? Any amount is very much appreciated!

Please share this information with as many people as possible! Thank you in advance on behalf of Pete and his family!

To Donate: please email me at: opsandtrap@gmail.com

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love that you are doing this . . . catch me at FLEX and I'll have something for you . . . xoxo