Thursday, January 1, 2009

The British are coming! The British are coming!



Finally! A moment of peace to update my blog. These are some pictures of my nieces and nephews: Emily, Andrew and Caitlin. They are my older brother's kids and they live in London. My brother is a big-wig hedge fund manager there...he's lived there since after graduate school and I doubt he will ever move back. London suits him perfectly...proper and proper! Do you remember in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when Ferris was describing how uptight Cameron is by telling what would happen to a piece of coal if you stuck it in a certain orifice? That is my brother. We are not what you would call close. He tends to talk to me like I am some poor, white-trash relative of his who he is forced to spend time with once a year. I find it all really amusing. Telling him about our neighbor's RV and sand buggy while watching him cringe is so funny! I taught Emily how to stick olives on her fingers when she was young, and I think my sister-in-law is still pissed!
Anyway, their kids are really cute and Kaleb is always excited to see them. They spend a week in Palm Springs after Christmas each year, so we always go out then. My mom also spends the week with them, and I know she loves having all of her grand kids together.
They are back in London, we are back home, and we will see them again next year.



No comments: